Learn to function firearm using Simunition, mimics the function and recoil of a firearm within a safe and controlled classroom environment.
- Explain and define what a pistol is and how it functions
- Describe types of pistols (revolvers, semi-auto, etc…)
- Explain how a round of ammunition fires
- Demonstrate dominate eye test
- Demonstrate Grip, Site Picture, Trigger Press and Follow-thru
- Explain ammunition choice and safety (+P+, etc…)
- Demonstrate and have students load a magazine
- Demonstrate proper loading technique
- Demonstrate proper unloading technique
- Utilizing dummy rounds – student will load a magazine, insert in magwell, and dry fire several time
- Simunition Firing….One-on-one, the instructor will have the student load a magazine with 4 rounds. The student will charge and load the pistol in the manner they were instructed, acquire a proper site picture and fire the pistol. Students will cycle through until instructor is comfortable with the students’ performance.